How to Renew An Alcohol License in UAE
Step-by-step guide on how to renew ones alcohol license in the UAE.
In Dubai, it is illegal to purchase, keep or even transport alcohol without an alcohol license. UAE law is very fair and straightforward. All residents are required to respect and keep up with the terms and regulations that govern the UAE. If you abide with the law, the last thing that you would want is to get into trouble. One of the ways to ensure that you are abiding with the law is always to stay updated on the new law and obtain it as soon as you can.
Also Read: How to Behave in Public in UAE
Step-by-step Guide on Alcohol License Renewal in Dubai, UAE
As an alcohol seller, there are various ways that you can lose your license, and this is the greatest fear for any business in the alcohol industry in the UAE. Some of the primary reasons why you could lose your license are;
- Disorderly conduct,
- Serving the minors,
- Selling at unauthorized times,
- Failure to have trained staff,
- Over-serving, and
- Drinking in unlicensed areas.
Once your license is revoked and you need to continue with the alcohol business in UAE, you will need to start all over again in obtaining your license. It is essential that you should avoid getting into trouble by always maintaining the highest ethics of handling 0lacohol around Dubai. Below is a step by step guide on how to get an alcohol license in the UAE.
The first requirements of obtaining a valid license are; to ensure that you are a resident of Dubai and that you are a non-Muslim aged above 21 years. So long as you have these two requirements, you can follow these steps to get a valid alcohol license. A license application requires you to fill out a form that can be easily found online through Alcohol License Dubai
- Once on the site, click “apply online” and sign up or log in.
- Read all the requirements of the applications, make sure you understand all the details then click “Apply Now.”
- Fill in all your details
- Then you will be required to fill your government as well as the employment status.
- Ensure that you upload all the documents required of you. That is your passport, Emirates ID, Visa. And you can have an option to fill the tenancy contract.
- Attach a passport sized photograph.
- Go through your details and confirm that everything is correct, then pay and organize for the delivery of your license. Also, you have the option of applying for the permit in person. All you need is to visit any African + Eastern stores in Dubai where you will be able to submit your application. An alcohol license goes for AED 270, and it takes about four weeks for your license to get processed.
By having these tips in mind, your alcohol license renewal in the UAE would be easy & fast and could help you avoid facing specific issues with the renewal office. Always remember to drink responsibly.