Step by Step Guide: Good Conduct Certificate for Indian Expats in UAE
Indians in the UAE who need to apply for a good conduct certificate, here are the steps to guide you.
The UAE has a new requirement for those who are planning to work in the country and apply for a work visa. The need for a Good Conduct Certificate was launched on February 4 and here we share some tips and guidelines how to get one for Indian expats.
Also Read: Types of Ban in the UAE
The purpose of the Good Conduct Certificate for incoming expat workers to prove that they do not have a criminal record or in their previous country. This has been mandated by the government to ensure a safer and more secure society for UAE and its residents.
How to apply for a UAE Certificate of Good Conduct
How to Get a Good Conduct Certificate for NRIs
Currently, Indians is the largest expat workforce in the UAE. The Indian Consulate and Embassy in the UAE have been flooded by numerous phone calls for a few days now. Callers asked about the procedures on how to acquire a Good Conduct Certificate. All residents seeking a new work visa will need to secure a certificate of Good Conduct and Behaviour certificate.
For a start, the certificate is issued by the expat’s origin of country, or the country where they have resided within the last 5 years. So how do you get this certificate? There are two steps: either you apply through the BLS International Services Ltd. or you apply online.
Applying for a Certificate of Good Conduct at BLS International Services Ltd.
This procedure requires the you to apply through the BLS International Services Ltd agency, which is the official agency that handles passport and visa services for NRIs in the UAE.
- Fill out the application form. Visit this link to download the form.
- Secure a copy of the local Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) in English from your nearest police station. Take note that the issued police clearance is only valid for 3 months.
- Write a request letter which states your purpose of getting a PCC.
- Get a clearance from the CGI (Consulate General of India) in Dubai for PCC application.
- Secure Job Offer Letter (attested by the Chamber of Commerce where the company is registered) or the valid paper visa from your company and a copy of the valid trade license (for those who are applying for a new job).
- Secure the following ID copies: Labour Card, Emirates ID, Health Card, Driver’s License (as applicable)
- Submit all these documents to the near the BLS International Service Center office.
In addition, applications can be made using the application called Dubai Police, which can be accessed on all mobile devices and is available in English and Arabic. With this app, an individual can enter his/her name along with an identity card number to initiate the process. There would also be a fee to obtain the certificate for UAE resident expats the amount is Dh220.
The certificate would be issued by the country of origin of the person, or the country where he has been residing for the last five years. It would be then ratified by the state’s mission and the UAE ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.
Applying for a Certificate of Good Conduct via Passport Seva Online Portal
This is the process when you want to get the certificate online. Indian citizens can apply through the website of the Ministry of External Affairs’ Consular, Passport and Visa Division.
- Register through the Passport Seva online portal.
- Then click “Apply for a Police Clearance Certificate” and enter the required details.
- Schedule an appointment and pay the fees.
- Go to the Passport Seva Kendra or Regional Passport Office with your documents.
- Upon getting the police clearance certificate, it should be attested by the UAE’s missions.
For expats currently residing in Dubai or planning to work in Dubai this certificate would be the basis if you would get a working visa in Dubai or in other countries in the UAE. Make sure you follow these procedures on how to get a certificate of good conduct and good luck on your applications!
- Certificate – UAE National – Dh100
- Certificate – Resident – Dh200
- Certificate – From outside the country – Dh300
- Knowledge fee – Dh10
- Innovation fee – Dh10
Contact Details: Dubai Police
+9714 6096412 OR +9714 6096418
+9714 6096408 OR +9714 6096440
Fax: +9714 2171512
You can contact the call center (24h/7days) by dialing 901
NOTE: Please be advised that we are trying to simplify the process for you. But for more updated information, please visit the official website of the Consulate General of India and the Indian Ministry of External Affairs.